Phone: +47 22 00 47 21 /
Amundsen is a human geographer at CICERO Centre for International Climate and Environmental Research - Oslo, with a background in undestanding how place attachment, cultural values and identity influence on local climate change adaptation strategies. Amundsen has considerable research experience on climate change adaptation in Norwegian municipalities.
- PITCH PITCH focuses on how governance, values and norms and organizations are important preconditions for societal transformation to happen in a climate change context.
- Bymiljøavtaler som redskap for bærekraftig bo- areal- og transportutvikling
- Power from the People? Driving forces and hindrances We address the driving forces and barriers for households in Norway to become producers of electricity which is made possible by smart grids and smart meters, allowing energy users not only to consume energy, but also to generate energy and feed this into the grid.
- TRANSFORM The TRANSFORM project explores how Norwegian municipalities can contribute to transformation to a low-emission society.
Publications and outreach at CICERO
- Helene Amundsen, 2015 Place attachment as a driver of adaptation in coastal communities in Northern Norway Local Environment : the International Journal of Justice and Sustainability, Routledge, EN
- Helene Amundsen, 2012 Illusions of resilience? An analysis of community responses to change in Northern Norway Ecology & society, EN
- Hans Asbjørn Aaheim, Helene Amundsen, Therese Dokken, Taoyuan Wei, 2012 Impacts and adaptation to climate change in European economies Global Environmental Change, Elsevier Science, EN
- Helene Amundsen, 2012 Differing Discourses of Development in the Arctic: The Case of Nature-Based Tourism in Northern Norway Northern Review, Yukon College, EN
- Helene Amundsen, Frode Viktor Berglund, Hege Westskog, 2010 Overcoming barriers to climate change adaptation a question of multilevel governance? Environment and Planning. C, Government and Policy, Pion Ltd., EN
- Helene Amundsen, 2014 Adapting to change - community resilience in Northern Norwegian municipalities EN
- Linda Innbjør, Helene Amundsen, Gunnar S. Eskeland, Grete K. Hovelsrud, Asbjørn Torvanger, 2008 Klimautvikling og avgiftspolitikk: Rapport om forventede klimaendringer i Nordområdene med vekt på Finnmark EN
- Eli Heiberg, Carlo Aall, Helene Amundsen, Hanna Storm, Karl Georg Høyer, Lars Otto Næss, Synne Putri Solstad, Grete K. Hovelsrud, 2008 Indikatorer for lokale klimasårbarhetsanalyser NO
- Helene Amundsen, Grete K. Hovelsrud, Pål Prestrud, 2007 Workshop on Adaptation to Climate Change in the Arctic, June 26-27 2006 EN
- Eirik J. Førland, Eli Alfnes, Helene Amundsen, Randi Pytte Asval, R Benestad, Jens Debernard, Torill Engen-Skaugen, Inger Hanssen-Bauer, Knut Harstveit, Jan Erik Haugen, Grete K. Hovelsrud, Ketil Isaksen, Christian Jaedicke, Kalle Kronholm, Ånund Sigurd Kvambekk, Joe H LaCasce, Lars A. Roald, Kari Sletten, Knut Stalsberg, 2007 Climate change and natural disasters in Norway. An assessment of possible future changes EN
Part of a book/report
- Gary Kofinas, Douglas Clark, Grete K. Hovelsrud, Lillian Alessa, Helene Amundsen, Matthew Berman, Fikret Berkes, F. Stuart Chapin III, Bruce Forbes, James Ford, Craig Gerlach, Julia Olsen, 2013 Adaptive and transformative capacity EN
- Sumaila U. Rashid, William W.L. Cheung, Sarah Cooley, Ola Flaaten, Vicky W.Y. Lam, Nathalie Hilmi, Alain Safa, Helene Amundsen, Arild Gjertsen, Grete K. Hovelsrud, 2013 Potential economic and social impacts of ocean acidification on Arctic fisheries EN
- Grete K. Hovelsrud, Halvor Dannevig, Jennifer Joy West, Helene Amundsen, 2010 Adaptation in Fisheries and Municipalities: Three Communities in Northern Norway EN