Phone: +47 22 00 47 21 /
Amundsen is a human geographer at CICERO Centre for International Climate and Environmental Research - Oslo, with a background in undestanding how place attachment, cultural values and identity influence on local climate change adaptation strategies. Amundsen has considerable research experience on climate change adaptation in Norwegian municipalities.
- PITCH PITCH focuses on how governance, values and norms and organizations are important preconditions for societal transformation to happen in a climate change context.
- Power from the People? Driving forces and hindrances We address the driving forces and barriers for households in Norway to become producers of electricity which is made possible by smart grids and smart meters, allowing energy users not only to consume energy, but also to generate energy and feed this into the grid.
- Bymiljøavtaler som redskap for bærekraftig bo- areal- og transportutvikling
- TRANSFORM The TRANSFORM project explores how Norwegian municipalities can contribute to transformation to a low-emission society.
Publications and outreach at CICERO
- Helene Amundsen, 2015 Place attachment as a driver of adaptation in coastal communities in Northern Norway Local Environment : the International Journal of Justice and Sustainability, Routledge, EN
- Helene Amundsen, 2012 Illusions of resilience? An analysis of community responses to change in Northern Norway Ecology & society, EN
- Helene Amundsen, Frode Viktor Berglund, Hege Westskog, Overcoming barriers to climate change adaptation a question of multilevel governance? Environment and Planning. C, Government and Policy, Pion Ltd., EN
- Helene Amundsen, Differing Discourses of Development in the Arctic: The Case of Nature-Based Tourism in Northern Norway Northern Review, Yukon College, EN
- Hans Asbjørn Aaheim, Helene Amundsen, Therese Dokken, Taoyuan Wei, Impacts and adaptation to climate change in European economies Global Environmental Change, Elsevier Science, EN
- Helene Amundsen, Grete K. Hovelsrud, Carlo Aall, Marianne Karlsson, Hege Westskog, Local governments as drivers for societal transformation: towards the 1.5 °C ambition Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, EN
- Eirik J. Førland, Eli Alfnes, Helene Amundsen, Randi Pytte Asval, R Benestad, Jens Debernard, Torill Engen-Skaugen, Inger Hanssen-Bauer, Knut Harstveit, Jan Erik Haugen, Grete K. Hovelsrud, Ketil Isaksen, Christian Jaedicke, Kalle Kronholm, Ånund Sigurd Kvambekk, Joe H LaCasce, Lars A. Roald, Kari Sletten, Knut Stalsberg, Climate change and natural disasters in Norway. An assessment of possible future changes EN
- Helene Amundsen, Grete K. Hovelsrud, Pål Prestrud, Workshop on Adaptation to Climate Change in the Arctic, June 26-27 2006 EN
- Eli Heiberg, Carlo Aall, Helene Amundsen, Hanna Storm, Karl Georg Høyer, Lars Otto Næss, Synne Putri Solstad, Grete K. Hovelsrud, Indikatorer for lokale klimasårbarhetsanalyser NO
- Linda Innbjør, Helene Amundsen, Gunnar S. Eskeland, Grete K. Hovelsrud, Asbjørn Torvanger, Klimautvikling og avgiftspolitikk: Rapport om forventede klimaendringer i Nordområdene med vekt på Finnmark EN
- Helene Amundsen, Adapting to change - community resilience in Northern Norwegian municipalities EN
- Hege Westskog, Eivind Selvig, Carlo Aall, Helene Amundsen, Elisabeth Schøyen Jensen, Potensial og barrierer for kommunale klimatiltak NB
Part of a book/report
- Grete K. Hovelsrud, Halvor Dannevig, Jennifer Joy West, Helene Amundsen, Adaptation in Fisheries and Municipalities: Three Communities in Northern Norway EN
- Sumaila U. Rashid, William W.L. Cheung, Sarah Cooley, Ola Flaaten, Vicky W.Y. Lam, Nathalie Hilmi, Alain Safa, Helene Amundsen, Arild Gjertsen, Grete K. Hovelsrud, Potential economic and social impacts of ocean acidification on Arctic fisheries EN
- Gary Kofinas, Douglas Clark, Grete K. Hovelsrud, Lillian Alessa, Helene Amundsen, Matthew Berman, Fikret Berkes, F. Stuart Chapin III, Bruce Forbes, James Ford, Craig Gerlach, Julia Olsen, Adaptive and transformative capacity EN