Phone: +47 22 00 47 37 /
Natural scientist with a special interest in extreme precipitation, clouds and aerosol-cloud interactions.
Kari Alterskjær is currently studying extreme precipitation in a changing climate, both from observations and through modelling. She has a broad background in research on clouds and aerosol-cloud interactions, mainly through climate modelling. Kari holds a PhD in Atmospheric Science from the University of Oslo (2013).
- SUPER - SUb-daily Precipitation Extremes in highly-populated Regions The main objective of SUPER is to quantify the influence of anthropogenic activity on sub-daily extreme precipitation in highly populated regions
Publications and outreach at CICERO
Gå til: Journal article
- Inger Helene H. Karset, Terje K. Berntsen, Trude Storelvmo, Kari Alterskjær, Alf Grini, Dirk Jan Leo Oliviè, Alf Kirkevåg, Øyvind Seland, Trond Iversen, M Schulz, 2018 Strong impacts on aerosol indirect effects from historical oxidant changes Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, Copernicus, EN
- Alf Kirkevåg, Alf Grini, Dirk Jan Leo Oliviè, Øyvind Seland, Kari Alterskjær, Matthias Hummel, Inger Helene H. Karset, Anna Lewinschal, Xiaohong Liu, Risto Makkonen, Ingo Bethke, Jan Griesfeller, M Schulz, Trond Iversen, 2018 A production-tagged aerosol module for earth system models, OsloAero5.3-extensions and updates for CAM5.3-Oslo Geoscientific Model Development, Copernicus GmbH, EN
- B Poschlod, Øivind Hodnebrog, RR Wood, Kari Alterskjær, Ralf Ludwig, Gunnar Myhre, Jana Sillmann, 2018 Comparison and Evaluation of Statistical Rainfall Disaggregation and High-Resolution Dynamical Downscaling over Complex Terrain Journal of Hydrometeorology, EN
- Charles L. Curry, Jana Sillmann, David Bronaugh, Kari Alterskjær, Jason N.S. Cole, Duoying Ji, Ben Kravitz, Jon Egill Kristjansson, John C. Moore, Helene Østlie Muri, Ulrike Niemeier, Alan Robock, Simone Tilmes, Shuting Yang, 2014 A multimodel examination of climate Extremes in an idealized geoengineering experiment Journal of Geophysical Research - Atmospheres, American Geophysical Union (AGU), EN
- H Schmidt, Kari Alterskjær, Diana Bou Karam, O Boucher, A Jones, Jon Egill Kristjansson, U. Niemeier, M Schulz, Hans Asbjørn Aaheim, F. Benduhn, M Lawrence, C. Timmreck, 2012 Can a reduction of solar irradiance counteract CO2-induced climate change? – Results from four Earth system models Earth System Dynamics, Copernicus GmbH, EN
- Gunnar Myhre, Kari Alterskjær, D. Lowe, 2010 Addendum to 'A fast method for updating global fossil fuel carbon dioxide emissions' Environmental Research Letters, EN
- Gunnar Myhre, Kari Alterskjær, David Lowe, 2009 A fast method for updating global fossil fuel carbon dioxide emissions Environmental Research Letters, EN