Telefon: +47 22 00 47 85 / +47 411 40 665
Experienced science journalist, project manager and strategic communications leader
As leader of CICERO’s communication work, Christian is responsible for our branding, PR and out reach activities. He was hired in 2007 to write two books on climate science: Klima forklart and State of the Poles. Christian has developed and lead numerous communication projects at CICERO. He has lead Klimaforum – Norway’s first network to engage decision makers and academics in climate debates, organised daily press briefings for Norwegian journalists at COP15 in Copenhagen, built an online platform to show case Nordic energy solutions and coordinated CICERO’s pavilion at COP21 in Paris.
Christian has also worked on several research projects to increase our understanding of climate communication, for example IPCC AR5 in Europe, and performed media analysis for the book Climate Change in the Media. Christian is very engaged in issues around climate communication and was proud to chair the IPCC expert meeting on climate communication and to have increased the collaboration and information sharing among European colleagues.
Christian is also Chair of the Minor Foundation for Major Challenges.
- SIS Future Africa - Co-production of climate services in South Africa and Tanzania The core idea of this project is the production of climate information through the co-production of climate services. However, the type of and need for climate information depend very much on the location, sector and livelihood of People.
Publikasjoner og formidling ved CICERO
- Astrid Arnslett, Christian Bjørnæs, Elisabeth Lannoo, 2018 Effektiv klimakommunikasjon -Trender og fakta 2018 NB
- Asbjørn Torvanger, Christian Bjørnæs, Harald Francke Lund, Bob van Oort, 2016 Visjoner av lavkarbon Norge NB
- Christian Bjørnæs, Pål Prestrud, 2012 The State of the Poles EN
- Christian Bjørnæs, 2010 Klima forklart NB
- FNs klimapanels femte hovedrapport i Europa (IPCC AR5 i Europa) Hvordan påvirker FNs klimapanels femte hovedrapport politiske beslutninger? Dette prosjektet vil bidra til å øke kunnskapsopptaket fra klimaforskningen til politiske prosesser.
- It’s like talking to the wall We would like to believe that if we just give people the right information, they will grasp the scope of the climate problem. That’s naive thinking.
- Global klimaavtale vedtatt i Paris Lørdag 12. desember vedtok verdens ledere en global avtale om å redusere utslipp av klimagasser og unngå at temperaturen øker mer enn 2°C.
- Former UN climate advisor leads initiative to regulate geo-engineering Geo-engineering can be a cheap way of instantly lowering the Earth’s temperature - with potentially devastating side effects. The technology is here but international regulation is lacking.