Elin Lerum Boasson is a political scientist.
Elin Lerum Boasson is an associate professor at the Political Science Department, the University of Oslo, and a senior researcher at CICERO Center for International Climate Research. She has published extensively on national and EU climate and energy policies; exploring the role of policy entrepreneurship, business influence and political steering. She applies sociological institutional theories as well as historical institutionalism and public policy theories. Boasson gives political science master courses on climate policy, public policy theory and EU studies. Methodologically, Boasson is specialized in comparative, qualitative case studies and process tracing.
She has been a visiting scholar at the University of California, Berkeley and the Freie University, Berlin. Boasson takes part of the leadership group of the COST Action Innovations in Climate Governance: Sources, Patterns and Effects. Boasson is a Lead Author in the upcoming Sixth Assessment report cycle of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, working group III Mitigation. During her stay at SCANCOR, Boasson will primarily work on publications relating to two research projects on comparative climate policy; the 'Revising the National Renewables Policy Mix: The role of state aid and other key EU policies (REMIX)’ and ‘Understanding the international Context for Norway's low-emission Economy Transition (CONNECT).
- Power from the People? Driving forces and hindrances We address the driving forces and barriers for households in Norway to become producers of electricity which is made possible by smart grids and smart meters, allowing energy users not only to consume energy, but also to generate energy and feed this into the grid.
- Revising the National Renewables Policy Mix: The role of state aid and other key EU policies (REMIX) The REMIX project studies how EU and national decisions shape the renewable energy policy mix in six European countries.
- Connect How will shifts in international climate policy change the conditions for Norway's transition to a low emissions economy?
Publications and outreach at CICERO
- Elin Lerum Boasson, 2019 Constitutionalization and entrepreneurship: Explaining increased EU steering of renewables support schemes Politics and Governance, cogitatiopress, EN
- Dave Huitema, Elin Lerum Boasson, Raoul Beunen, 2018 Entrepreneurship in climate governance at the local and regional levels: concepts, methods, patterns, and effects Regional Environmental Change, EN
- Elin Lerum Boasson, Dave Huitema, 2017 Climate governance entrepreneurship: Emerging findings and a new research agenda Environment and Planning. C, Government and Policy, Pion Ltd., EN
- Andrew J. Jordan, Dave Huitema, Mikael Hildén, Harro van Asselt, Tim J. Rayner, Jonas J. Schoenefeld, Jale Tosun, Johanna Forster, Elin Lerum Boasson, 2015 Emergence of polycentric climate governance and its future prospects Nature Climate Change, EN
- Elin Lerum Boasson, Jørgen Wettestad, 2014 Policy invention and entrepreneurship: Bankrolling the burying of carbon in the EU Global Environmental Change, Elsevier Science, EN
- Berit Tennbakk, Elin Lerum Boasson, Merethe Dotterud Leiren, 2017 Development of scenarios for EU renewable policies. Discussion paper 2016-12 EN
- Elin Lerum Boasson, 2015 National Climate Policy - A Multi-field Approach EN